In this article, we will have a comparison on PHP vs Node js which is better for side server scripting for your startup business for 2020 and beyond
Now the question is…
which is better according to your requirements?
So they are comparable to each other in the following factors
which is better PHP vs Node Js performance-wise?
To find the answer of that question we must know what are those and how do they works.
What is PHP?
PHP stands for Hypertext preprocessor it runs on the server can be embedded into HTML and works is a synchronous process where PHP receives a file request and send it to the computer, from here it starts processing and then it delivers the content to the client and finally it’s ready for another request.
This process takes time where new request keeps waiting what makes it slower.
What is Node js?
If speed is your priority what should be as a startup business in 2020 node js have to be your choice.
What is easier to use?
which is better PHP vs Node JS Security wise for a startup businesses?
So,if the question is Node js vs PHP security the answer will be php all the time
What is more widely used PHP vs Node Js ?
Node js is used in various ways starting from multithreaded apps, game servers, browsers, web apps, etc but PHP is basically used in web-based application
PHP was introduced in the 90s and it’s also open source and the web is 80% PHP so the sky is the limit in terms of the growth of its community there will always be someone to help you with the different problems you may face. Being a startup business you may not always find experts for that time you will be taking help from the community.
In the ever-changing world of technology, it is the main reason why should stick to popular technology?
Which is better PHP vs node js in terms of database compatibility?
Is PHP easier to learn?
Which application will be more scalable?
Every startup business has a primary goal of scaling any language or framework that can be used for that but node js is always preferred over PHP most of the time as it’s hard to find built complex applications using PHP so most of the time node js taken into action.
Pros and Cons of PHP vs Node JS
Pros of PHP
- PHP is used to make Web Applications development what makes it easier to to maintain the code automatically it has a MVC architecture what helps to separate file foe each module separately
- It has been into action for quite a long time it has evolved to its current version PHP 8 developers also have made it easier to use and bug free and it is still future proof what makes it quite stable
- PHP has basically limitless database options such as MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and more. PHP can also be used with non-relational databases like ElasticSearch, Redis, and MongoDB etc.
Cons of PHP
- While embedding PHP into HTML using syntax it gets harder to add new functionality to the current php application.
- It is unable to support a bunch of apps as it is not competent modular. It can only imitate key features of java
Pros of Node Js
- Node Js can work in a synchronous process which can handle more request simultaneously.
- It gives access to thousands of different modules as it has very limited guidelines and dependencies
Cons of Node js
- It has sometimes a complex set of code structure what makes it hard for some individuals
- Its still in its development stage applications made by node Js are super responsive what makes it difficult to develop very graphic applications it also does not handle cpu intensive activities such as audio and video properly
which is better php or node js for startup business ?
There is no clear answer to it as both have different strengths and weaknesses. Even if one happened to be superior to another it would have destroyed the less usable one.
So what can be done now?
You need to choose according to your requirements such as
When to choose PHP?
- While creating blog or e-commerce website
- You want your website to be easy to deploy and integrate
- When you are using LAMP(Linux,Apache.Mysql,PHP) stack
When to choose node js?
- When you are using Dynamic and Responsive single page website
- Using with Angular,JQuery and react
- When you are using MEAN stack (MongoDB,ExpressJS,AngularJS,Node)
Hope we could help you find what you need for your startup business according to requirements if you still have confusion please go through this article again and you may find your answer.
Have a great day.
If you are looking for development services in PHP or node js, you can check our Web Development service section.